Wedding Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to get married at The Falls Wedding Chapel?

All you need is a Marriage License Issued in New York State at least 24 hours before the Ceremony.

How do I get a NYS Marriage License?

- Download the New York State Marriage License Application Worksheet [PDF] and complete the form.
- Visit any City or Town Clerks office in New York State.
- You will need $40.00 for the fee.
- Both parties must appear together before the Clerk, with each presenting at least one form of official photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport), plus birth certificates.
- If you have been divorced, you must show the clerk a certified copy of your divorce decree issued by the Court.
- There is NO blood test or medical exam required.
- The clerk will hand you the Marriage License, which can be used for up to 60 days after a 24-hour waiting period.
- You must give the Marriage License to the minister before the ceremony.

Can we get a marriage license on a weekend or holiday?

The Falls Wedding Chapel can assist you in arranging to obtain a marriage license on a weekend or holiday. Please call us for more information.

Do you perform same-sex weddings?

Since July 2011, The Falls Wedding Chapel has performed hundreds of wedding ceremonies for the gay and lesbian community. We are honored to help you celebrate your love in the splendor of Niagara Falls!

How long will our ceremony last?

Your ceremony will last approximately 10 – 15 minutes. We reserve an hour for each wedding to allow time for taking pictures and greeting guests.

May we say our own personal vows?

Our ministers strive to make your ceremony personal and heartfelt. We welcome any personal vows you wish to say at your ceremony.

Is it proper to tip the minister/officiant?

Though it is not necessary to tip the minister/officiant, if you feel you have received wonderful service and an amazing ceremony and wish to express your gratitude, feel free to do so.

Is there seating for guests at the outdoor locations?

The State Park Commission allows a maximum of 10 chairs to be set up at a ceremony site. However, because the ceremony lasts only 12-15 minutes, most guests stand for the duration of the ceremony.

What happens if it rains?

A backup indoor location for your wedding ceremony is always planned. In the event of rain our wedding chapel (seating 36) can be used for your wedding, at no additional charge. If there are more than 36 guests, another location (church or reception site) must be reserved.